Yarco serves as professional property manager for multi-family developments in partnership with financial institutions, private developers and investors, governmental agencies, community development corporations, and other community based non-profit entities.
Industry expertise and strong partnerships have been key to our overall success.
During the most recent half of Yarco's existence, the firm, its principals and its affiliates have acted as manager and/or developer of:
- 328 real estate developments, representing more than 34,000 apartment homes
- 574,000 square feet of commercial space
These developments include:
- 270 family apartment communities
- 47 senior apartment communities
- 11 commercial developments
For these, Yarco has been the property manager of 323 assests
Within Yarco's recent history of multi-family activity:
- 11,000+ apartment homes in the Yarco portfolio have been market-rate
- 11,000+ apartment homes were developed/financed under a HUD or FHA program - including both market-rate and affordable housing
- 16,000+ apartment homes were financed with LIHTC
Yarco currently has direct property management responsibility for approximately 10,000 apartment homes and 100,000 square feet of commercial space.
Yarco has implemented a successful hands-on approach to property marketing, expense control, and resident relations. These techniques are drawn from industry best-practices, and from internally created proprietary techniques. This effective combination is designed to maximize the value of Yarco-managed apartment communities.
Yarco has earned the Accredited Management Organization (AMO) designation from the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). From consideration criteria that include honesty, integrity, professionalism and the advancement of professional property management, fewer than 600 property management companies in the United States currently hold this designation.
Yarco maintains memberships in other organizations connected to the real estate and property management industry including:
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member Institute (CCIM)
- National Apartment Association (NAA)
- National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
Our team of over 400 regional property managers, community managers, assistant managers, leasing and maintenance personnel is committed to the highest ideals of the property management profession.
Property Management Staff
Clifton R. Cohn
Jonathan R. Cohn, MBA, CPM, CCIM
Chief Executive Officer
Robert Schock, CPM, CCIM
Senior Vice President
Director of Property Management
Chief Financial Officer
Director of Development
Mickey Carlson, BBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Director of Human Resources
Director of Operations
Julie Sherard, HCCP
Director of Compliance
Over 400 Regional Property Managers, Onsite Managers, and Support Staff